WELCOME!

WELCOME!
jazz - 22 - sydney - lifestyle blogger
Powered by Blogger.
FACEBOOKTWITTERINSTAGRAMPINTERESTTUMBLR
19 Oct 2014

Nailed It: Sparkling Spring Nails


It's Spring Time! But it ain't spring without a little bit of sparkle!

I just purchased some insanely cheap pastel colours from Essence ($2!) and I'm in love! I've been experimenting more with geometric nail art designs and two tone shades with a touch of glitter - perfect for this bright weather! I'm not normally a fan of bright colours, so I think minty pastels keep it fresh and easy on the eye, plus glitter makes everything better, so why not! Here's how:



1.

Start with your colour base covering the whole nail. I think it's better to begin with the lighter of the two shades, as starting with the darker shade can dim the colour of the next coat. Allow to dry.

2.

I purchased these nail stencils from eBay for under $1 to create easy designs. You can do just about whatever pattern you want. I'm loving the look of a vertical seam straight down the middle, especially if you try this with stiletto nails. Press the stencil down to prevent the polish from bleeding.

3.

Paint the exposed nail with your second colour of choice. Allow to dry for at least 10 minutes before peeling back the stencil. Peel back not up.

4.

Using the stencil once more, create lines or shapes depending on where you would like the glitter polish placed. You can try triangles or semi circles at the cuticle or free edge of the nail to start. I prefer using either gold or silver glitter, but if you like, you can use similar colours as the base polish for contrast.

5.

Once again allow the polish to dry before peeling back the stencil slowly and in the same direction as you applied to avoid lifting any large glitter particles.

6.

Finish with a thick top coat to seal in the lines between the colours and your done! Spring-ready nails!


What are your favourite must have Spring nail colours?
X

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful nails, love the mint green mixed with gold <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) I love pastel colours with gold!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Currently Reading:

POPULAR

archive

SEARCH