WELCOME!

WELCOME!
jazz - 22 - sydney - lifestyle blogger
Powered by Blogger.
FACEBOOKTWITTERINSTAGRAMPINTERESTTUMBLR
28 Nov 2014

November Favourites


Hi Guys,

November was an AWESOME month for me. So much has already changed in the last thirty days and I'm praying December turns out to be just as eventful. I finished my exams, had my braces put on and got to celebrate one of my best friend's birthdays and it was amazing to say the least (Ben that's you!). So aside from the very many favourite moments I had, here are five favourite items I enjoyed throughout the month.



Shea Moisture Honey & Black Seed After Shave Healing Elixir


I purchased this spray to prevent nasty shaving rash and bumps now that I have started laser hair removal, and while it's not crazy effective in that department, this thing smells AH-mazing! I would even consider repurchasing it just to have as a room or body spray. It's super fresh, a little masculine and smells like what I imagine the Amazon smells like. Not only that, it is made from completely natural ingredients (witch hazel, jojoba, tea tree and Vit E just to name a few) and the background story for the Shea Mositure company is a tearjerker. I don't know guys, I just LOVE this product. If you choose to purchase this for its intended use (iHerb), just be mindful of a little sting after spraying to the skin (as warned on the box) but I assure you it's disappears in seconds, and the fragrance it leaves behind is well worth it!


Puretopia Body Polish


I had the delightful pleasure of going to a gifting suite this month held by Portobello PR and Frostbland Beauty with the amazing Georgia Jade. It was an awesome experience and I had the opportunity to try a bunch of products I wouldn't have otherwise considered. I was particularly drawn to the Puretopia range as we were informed that they are made from natural ingredients, they are not animal tested, and are made in Australia. In all honesty, I haven't had much success with most of the products I received (more on the later) however I was beyond surprised at how amazing this body polish is. It's the perfect body exfoliator for several reasons. It's grain is nut and shell based which means the the grit wont dissolve in the shower, which can often result in a waste of product. Secondly, it smells awesome (a little bit like coke bottle lollies!) and thirdly, it does exactly what it claims to and leaves the skin incredibly soft to the touch. I'm a huge fan of exfoliating and have gone through bottles upon bottles of "stuff" just to find that perfect scrub. And I've definitely found it! I highly recommend this product for flaky dull skin, and it's perfect for pre-tan preparation.


My sister's old CD collection


So another unorthodox fave this month, as per usual! I did my bi-yearly spring clean this month and I decided to finally throw out all my CDs and DVDs because who needs them anymore!? But before I would send them to the local Salvo's I took a good listen to relive any old school memories. And I'm SO glad I did. I grew up with all this music and I'm thrilled I got to rediscover all those forgotten faves again. Plus there is something so nostalgic about playing CDs nowadays, definitely a nice way to walk down memory lane. I'll take any excuse to revisit the 1990's to early 2000's. And check out the holographic zebra/leopard CD case! Not sure I'll give these away after all.


Stripes!


After a very thorough clean of my wardrobe I noticed a little something that didn't surprise my in the least. I have a major obsession with stripes! I don't think I can ever get enough of them, thin stripes, wide stripes, blue stripes or black I'm obsessed and I want them all. For me, stripes is like the minimalists way of wearing patterns, and what's better is while they may fall in and out of trend, they are always super stylish regardless of the season. Stripes for the win!
Featured: Asos Petite Maxi Dress - SUPRE Oversized top - SUPRE Midi bodycon pencil skirt.


Almond Milk


For years I substituted dairy milk with soy milk. But as I got older and my skin got a little more out of control, I decided to drop it. Soy has an unfortunate way of mimicking estrogen in the body, and if you are susceptible to hormonal imbalance this can cause further aggravate hormonal disruption which can eventuate in more breakouts. I wasn't prepared to go back to regular milk so I decided to give the "fitness fad" almond milk a go. And I'm happy to announce I actually really enjoy it. I do tend to prefer the "original" flavour which is usually sweetened with vanilla extract, but for something to mix up a smoothie or add to a cereal, I'm fairly convinced by it. It's low in calories, lactose and gluten free, and it's even good enough to drink on its own. If you are searching for a dairy or soy alternative I highly recommend giving almond milk ago.


What were YOUR favourites this month?

X


2 comments:

Currently Reading:

POPULAR

archive

SEARCH