WELCOME!

WELCOME!
jazz - 22 - sydney - lifestyle blogger
Powered by Blogger.
FACEBOOKTWITTERINSTAGRAMPINTERESTTUMBLR
2 Nov 2014

October Favourites




 Hi Guys!

So October came and went, and thankfully so (was not my best month), but I have five awesome products to share with you that made the past month just a little bit more bearable and a tonne more exciting. Keep reading to find out why these items made my top 5 for October.


ASOS Leopard Plimsolls


How cute are these!? I was on the hunt for some casual shoes that didn't have laces so I could slip on when in a hurry, and I found these beauties for just under $40 bucks! They are super easy to style with some tights or denim jeans and once you break them in, they are so comfortable to wear! If you are someone who finds themselves running late often I definitely recommend plimsolls. ASOS have a heap of these shoes in all sorts of designs and I'm actually finding it really difficult not to buy them all! I think I'll allow myself maybe just one more pair... or two.

Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner


I will never ever try anything else. At the beginning of October I actually purchased a Rimmel felt tip liner, and it was the most ridiculous product I had ever bought. It was dry, easy to wipe off and tugged on my skin when I applied it. The Master Precise liner, on the other hand, I had purchased twice before, and after buying for a third time, I was reminded why. You cannot, I repeat, you CANNOT mess up your wing with this liner. It glides like butter and the tip is so thin it is literally impossible to make a mistake. It usually takes me a good five breathless minutes to create the perfect wing, but I have nailed it in seconds with this tool. Not only that but it lasts forever! I have cried, sweated and ran in the rain with this girl but she stuck to her guns and held on tight. Go out and buy this products NOW, I promise you will not regret it!

Sigma E15 Flat Definer Brush


I actually got this brush in a set from Sigma, and didn't work with it much until I started filling in my brows. It's very precise, gives a really good sharp line and is perfect to define those eyebrow angles. You can also use it to apply gel liner, smudge shadow in at the root of your lashes, or conceal around your lip liner. I use it everyday and if you're looking for a multitasking superstar, this one's it!

FIJI Water 500mL Bottle


Yeah, so this isn't a typical "favourite" item, but I gotta say this nifty little bottle has been the best thing that's happened to me in a long time. I'm trying really hard to drink more water, and a few months ago I invested in a fancy pants 1 litre bottle thinking it would encourage me to keep hydrated. However, it was far from ideal. It was heavy to carry around everywhere, annoying to refill and took me forever to finish. So after leaving it at home, I bought this little gem from a local Woolies and it has been the best $1.06 purchase I have ever made! It's so small and compact, doesn't weight me down and feel like another big thing I'm lugging around and it's SO easy to finish. I'm not sure why, but mentally I feel like it's a lot smaller than 500mL and I can finish three of these bottles a day (that's 1.5L!). If you find drinking more water is hard to do, I would definitely recommend downsizing the bottle you drink from. It sounds crazy but it works!

The Defining Decade By Meg Jay


I watched Meg Jay's 'Why 30 is not the new 20' TED Talks video earlier last year and was captivated by her real and practical insight about the decade that is our Twenties. We can all relate to it being the most challenging transition in our lives, from part-time teen to full-time adult. Because of the mental demand we place on ourselves we are often advised by our superiors to sit back, relax and enjoy this precious time, but what we tend to forget is that this time is indeed precious and incredibly valuable. What Meg Jay suggests is that we take this time to really begin to establish what it is we want to do and really work on creating strong foundations for a future of success. We don't need to feel like we don't matter and that what we do now isn't important. The notion that the Thirties is when we will do it all, have it all, and be everything we want to become is old news and those emerging into their Thirties are now facing this question of "why didn't I start earlier?". I have to confess, I have not finished the whole book yet, but I have loved every minute of what I've read so far. It is definitely a book I will continue to revisit in all stages of my growth, and if you feel stuck, unsure, confused, or like you aren't making the most of these years, do yourself a favour; watch her video and buy this book. If it opens up your eyes to just one thing you could be doing differently to help the older you, then you have benefited immensely. Meg Jay provides practical tool to help guide ourselves back into the right direction and especially for us women, it is critical that we strive to lead independent and fulfilling lives no mater how old we are, so read on girlfriend!

So that's it for my October Favourites, I hope you guys try out some of these products and let me know what you think. What was your favourite product of October?

X

2 comments:

  1. I did something very similar in the way of the water bottle, but i'm guessing you can only get that water bottle in America? :( So far i've still been quite weighted down with a simple 1L volvic bottle.
    Nice post :)

    love,
    pip xxx

    (prettyinpips.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I found the 500ml in Australia! But you are correct, I believe FIJI water mainly distributes throughout the US. You could maybe find a regular bottle in a smaller size? Thanks so much for reading! :)

      Delete

Currently Reading:

POPULAR

archive

SEARCH